Teaching Research Ethics and Scientific Integrity Workshop
Resource Proposal Submissions
The Online Ethics Center’s Life and Environmental Sciences Section, workshop co-sponsor, invites individuals to prepare a RCR or STEM ethics education resource, refine it though discussion at the workshop, and then submit it to the Online Ethics Center for possible inclusion in the Center’s collection. Desirable resource types include:
- Cases with commentaries
- Original essays on teaching ethics
- Instructor materials (e.g. syllabi, class plans, exercises, online activities, etc.). Ideally instructor materials will include a teaching note describing ideas, tips, and experiences in using materials in various learning contexts.
Note, resources should be:
- Single, stand-alone resources (no compilations of many resources or curricula)
- Material you can make freely available online with your choice of creative commons copyright license
- Syllabi should be for distinctive or special topics courses. Syllabi for introductory courses on responsible conduct of research or other common introductory ethics courses are unlikely to be selected for the workshop.
Awards of $500 will be made for partial reimbursement of travel expenses for up to nine participants who submit life or environmental science resources for the discussion rounds and also submit them to the Online Ethics Center (onlineethics.org) after the workshop.